Jack's due date

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Let's Go Crazy




Along with Chris' promotion, he also changed duty assignments. He has been a leader at OTS (officer training school) for the past four years. However, this summer he was re-assigned to Langley, AFB in Hampton, VA to resume his duty working in contracting. I continued working at Alfa Insurance until June 26, 2009. It was a sad day because I have such wonderful friends whom I miss dearly. The next week began a whirlwind that I am still trying to recover from...

The packers were scheduled to come on Tuesday, so we had to make sure everything we were taking with us was put aside and then we had to take the pool table apart. Chris opted to do this than to pay for a professional to come and do it...that in itself should tell you something would go awry. So by the time Chris and I finished disassembling it, I had a nice goose egg which later turned into a black eye. Who knew taking apart a pool table could be that dangerous?

The movers came and loaded up all of our household goods, so we had a home with no furnishings beginning July 2. We stayed with my parents the weekend of the 4th and then we stayed with Nate and Erin Ratschan (who were so kind to open their home to us) in Montgomery the next week. Chris was still working and we had things that needed to be handled in Montgomery before we left. Erin also helped me get things planned for Chris' promotion ceremony. It was a big help...thanks Erin! After that week we stayed with my parents until July 22. Then we headed to Knoxville, TN to visit with Chris' family before we made our way to our new home in VA. It was so nice to spend time with both of our families. Thank you for putting up with us! We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment