How we met is a little unusual and some may not even know. In February 2008 I had gotten to where I was running out of options of finding guys to date. I was 30 and getting older and impatient to find a guy. I had dated a few guys, but the relationships did not work out for various reasons. The whole 'friend of a friend' thing was getting me nowhere as well. Chris was in a similar predicament himself. He was looking to date someone who was not in the military. He was also running out of options. So, I became stella042007 and he became cwilli30, and together, unknowingly, we joined the world of online dating at Match.com. (see our profile pics)"What?!," you say,"were you desperate?" I don't know if I would call it desperate....It is not as bad as some people think...there is a process. I started looking at pictures and saw Chris' cute little face. I read his profile and it sounded interesting, so I gave him a wink;) It wasn't long before he winked back. We started emailing and then he gave me his number because I wouldn't give him mine...I didn't know if once I talked with him whether I would like him or not and I didn't want him to have my number:) So for the first few calls I blocked my number. Then, after talking with him several times, I realized he was a great guy and gave him my number. So we continued talking and emailing for a couple of weeks before we set up our first date. We met on March 12, 2008 at Jim N' Nicks for dinner. I had told my friends at work and my mother where I was going just in case they didn't hear from me in a reasonable time. At least they would know where to start looking....



This is totally wonderful! I love your "story." I can't wait until you add more. More about your story and maybe a niece and/or nephew. LOL
ReplyDelete