Jack's due date

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

In My Life (January)


We returned to VA on 1/03 and had the ultrasound on 1/06. Everything on the ultrasound showed a healthy boy. He measured in at 18 oz. and approx due date of 5/06 (nine days earlier than the one we have 5/15). Chris and I counted the nine full moons and the ninth full moon since conception is 4/28. Due to this and the fact that he is measuring earlier than my due date of 5/15, I believe he will be here sometime during the first week of May. I also thought we would be having a girl, so we will see how accurate my prediction is:) His heart, kidneys, spine, brain, arms, legs, hands, and feet all looked great. My placenta is in the correct place and the amniotic fluid is just the right amount. We were so thankful to have a great report.

He has also been very active. I just wonder what it will be like when he gets bigger and he doesn't have as much room....He really likes to move when it is time for me to go to bed. He is already a stinker:) Like his daddy!

Speaking of, Chris will be leaving in March instead of April to go to Iraq. He will be gone for six months and will not be here when Jack is born. We are sad that he has to go at all but we are glad it was moved up because he'll be back a month earlier and will miss less time of Jack's early months.

On Thurs., 1/21, I was feeling really good and decided to vacuum and mop the downstairs, clean the downstairs bathroom, and wash a few loads of clothes. By the end of the day I was wiped out. I rested all day on Friday, but started having some contractions on Sat. They were not consistent nor did they hurt, but I was having about 10-12 an hour, so Chris carried me to the hospital on base and they sent me to labor and delivery. They put a monitor on me to check on the contractions. They determined I was not in early labor, but thought I had a UTI which was causing the contractions and gave me some antibiotics. The doc said that the contractions should stop once the antibiotics got in my system. I had my next appt on 1/26 which was three days later so he said the culture should be in to determine what kind of infection I had.

The contractions were still coming on Sunday although they weren't as intense and not quite as often. Monday was even less and by Tuesday I only had a couple while I was getting ready for my doc appt but that was all. At the appointment, my doctor said the culture came back and it did not show an UTI. Apparently all the cleaning I did is what started them. I have not had them since so I guess I overdid it. I will no longer be using the vacuum cleaner...that has been designated as Chris' job:) Of course I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment